Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ghanaian Singers Drag Flavour To Court

Ghanaian Singers Drag Flavour To Court: The Nigerian Popular high-life musician, Flavour Nabania is currently involved in a legal battle with Ghanaian singing duo, Wutah, over the alleged theft of their intellectual property.

According to the Ghanaians, Flavour’s new single Kwarikwa, featuring Fally Ipupa, was a ‘carbon copy’ of their Kotosa song, which they released in 2008. They are accusing the Nigerian singer of stealing the chorus, rhythm, and tempo of their song without consulting with them for permission.

‘This does not come as a surprise to me, as I already knew point blank that the material put out by Flavour was an outright plagiarized product of Kotosa. I mean, I heard what seemed like Kotosa blasting from the huge speakers in a CD vendor’s shop when I was driving to a friend’s home when I visited Nigeria last two months. I was happy and surprised that Kotosa had finally made its way to Nigeria after making hits in Ghana, only to hear Flavour’s signature hi-life voice on the beat. I was disappointed to say the least. I shook my head as I passed by’ said the manager of the defunct group.

Meanwhile, Flavour’s manager, Benjamin, while speaking to NET, refused to disclose any information from their quarters, ‘I’m not saying anything about it yet‘.

Flavour, whose real name is Chinedu Okoli,  is currently signed to 2nite Entertainment, and released his second album, Uplifted in 2010.

What Do You Guys Think?


Subscribe To Get Free Gossip Update!



No comments:

Post a Comment